Thursday, March 11, 2010

Come Away With Me.....


F - Fabulous
I - Interesting
V & E - Very Entertaining

It's so crazy to think that 5 years ago today Rob & I got married. YAY!
I'll quickly set the stage: Mt. Hood, Oregon, Timberline Lodge, March 12th, 2005...

What a fun day, (better yet) week that was... friends & family arriving in town... snowboarding & celebrating, excitement brewing by the hour!
Honestly, I wouldn't change a single thing about it...
OH wait... I would have my brother-in-law that was in charge of videoing the ceremony push the RECORD button... that I'd probably change..

I can't believe how much we've done in 5 years!
  • lived & worked in Seattle
  • lived & worked in Mississippi in the aftermath of Katrina
  • got pregnant with twins (while in MS in the aftermath of Katrina)
  • moved to Southern California
  • successfully brought Adam & Grace into the world
  • loaded up a big-ol' U-Haul and moved cross country with 2: 4mo. olds, 1: Mother in Law, 1: dog, and 3: plants (2 of which are now dead, I'm referring to the plants in case you wondered)
  • found a job in Buffalo
  • Dalton decided to come and live with us
  • cultivated & grown many new and old friendships
  • purchased 40 acres to build on & many many other blessings along the way...
It's times like these that I feel especially blessed to have Rob to share all of this with.

I hope we can keep our humor about us, and strive to always remember the fond memories even after the ebbs & flow of life flip us upside down and back right again.

It doesn't seem like too long ago, that I swore I'd never find a husband, children or a life for that matter...now here we are!

I can't wait to see what the next 5, and the 5 after that... and the 5 after that have in store for us.

God is great.

peace out,
mem

2 comments:

Darla said...

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Mary. You guys really have accomplished a great deal in your short wonderful life together. It's gone by so fast, but has blessed all of us with precious gifts.
Love,
Nanny