Friday, February 26, 2010

Aurora Bore or Alice?


So my 12 yr. old and I had quite the interesting conversation on the way home from his Dr.'s appt. yesterday; regarding his aura~ yes, you heard me... his aura.

Wikipedia - Aura (paranormal): ...an aura is a field of subtle, luminous radiation supposedly surrounding a person or object...

Anyone who knows Dalton knows he has a very strong aura about him.. some people love it, others.. not so much.

It becomes very apparent when we are attempting to put the kids down at night. He can simply come into their bedroom during the "rituals" of bedtime, and it is automatically CHARGED up!
"I'm not doing anything mom!" (huffing and puffing)
I know Dalton... that's the thing... you don't have to be doing anything... your presence alone is disruptive/chaotic/electronically charged. (note: this was said in the most gentle loving way possible, definitely no sarcasm involved...)

He's starting to learn social cues... it's only taken 12.5 long long years... I guess I can thank Rose for that (Thanks Rose!). He can now see when he's affecting people in a negative way, and he's learning to tone it down... or he can see if people are receptive to him and carry on.
I then explained that if he can hone his skills in this area, the world will be his oyster! It's all about how that 1st impression affects people...

After contemplating this... the question is:
What's the aura surrounding you?
What do people feel when you walk into a room?
Do you think you are exuding one thing, while in reality people are getting a completely different vibe?

peace out.
mem

1 comment:

Linda Sue said...

Telling a kid of twelve that the world might be his oyster is probably revolting to him- I tried that phrase myself, having seen and smelled oysters my son said "no thanks, Mom"...Love that you named him Dalton after THEE Dalton of Texas fame!